Wednesday, November 19, 2014

staples of the season


i thought it would be fun to make a list of the things i couldn't live without in this season.
third year on the mountain and getting dressed in the morning is still SO confusing.
just this morning i looked outside and saw that the heavy snow from a couple of days ago had nearly all melted and gingerly put on some leather booties only to find the bridge to the train was covered in ice when i took anna to school.
yesterday i went out in my snow boots and felt like the abominable yeti when everyone was wearing sneakers around town.
i'm hoping this small visual aid might help me remember what is season appropriate in keeping me comfortable, warm and safe.
staples of the season

2 comments:

gigisgoneshopping said...

People in sneaks on ice sound like my fellow Californians in shorts in the rain.

Good luck w/the snow! I think you're approaching it the smartest way.

Sara said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Gigi. I need that especially at this time of year, when all the sparkly festive dresses posts start coming out and i'm struggling with pulling on my snow boots.