Tuesday, January 6, 2015

capsule 2015

capsule 2015
one of the first things i did in the new year was tackle my clothes. i went through my closet and separated all the pieces i love from the ones i have any hesitation or reserve about.

that was pretty radical as it left me with about 30-40% of my belongings.

the above is what i really like to wear, right now. mostly basics, mostly light neutrals with navy for contrast and a red shoe to add some color.

the second result was to make me feel extremely wasteful about accumulating so much stuff on a whim, to try it out and see, or to try and channel someone else we want to be...

but it's true that we need to learn how to be wrong sometimes if we want to grow and discover what's to keep in our lives.

so i tell myself i shouldn't feel bad. just mildly embarrassed, which i'm ok with.

i'm also sure that as the warmer months approach i might want to grab for some of the more colorful items i stashed away to help me balance out the capsule wardrobe.

it's been a productive and honest start for me, if not a grand one!

s.

3 comments:

Inês de Castro said...

I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

Fashion gets Fierce.

Signe Savant said...

You held onto some great pieces! I love going through my closet and getting rid of old stuff. There's something so cathartic about working down the the necessities!
: signe : the daily savant :
Indigo Bananas Nail Polish Giveaway
Bracelet Giveaway
Makeup Eraser Giveaway

Sara said...

Thanks! This is making getting ready so much easier and much more of a pleasure. I agree that having just enough is a lot better than having too much...