Wednesday, February 4, 2015

navy is the new black









lots of great basic buys this month, lots of navy. 

i never wear black any more so i love navy. it's the darkest color i can wear at the moment, somehow it doesn't wash me out the way other typical winter colors do. i love the contrast it adds to my predominantly light wardrobe.

the dolman sweater is incredible, i love the wide ballet style neckline and the loose, tapered fit. you can just throw it on and it looks great with just about anything.

the mango wide legged jeans fit surprisingly well. i bought them in two colors and two sizes and had a hard time deciding which one to return. i decided for the smaller size in the dark fit in the end. i think it's incredible that i managed to score a pair of jeans like these that fit on the first attempt and on sale. they make me look tall and i'm 5'3...

now i just need to get some serious hemming done!

s.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Do you know what? I've just popped a pair of those in my basket after reading this post. I have a pair of mid blue mini kick flares but these wide legs are a very different proposition and I like the chino fit at the top. I gather that they are stupidly long seeing as you have 1.5 inches on me and you still need to do serious hemming!

Sara said...

Sue, they're long indeed but also very flattering. I've tried flares in the past and they felt ridiculous. Try these and see what you think about them! Btw I took a size 34 and 36 and they both looked nice.