Tuesday, February 9, 2016

a hint of seventies

a hint of seventies

if you're seventies-impaired like i am (even though i was born in that decade) because youre petite or curvy or for any other reason, i want to share with you how i've managed to add a few seventies inspired touches to my outfits without feeling like i'm wearing a costume.

1. silk cami-it feels skimpy enough but luxe. bonus points if you can wear it braless (i can't).

2. star earrings-something about the way they dangle and the bold design make me feel part farrah part cowgirl. go figure.

3. knee hight boots-worn with skirts and dresses they're super feminine and a bit badass.

4. midi skirts-i love them! i thought i couldn't wear them because i'm short but turns out i was wrong. no need to wear with high heels either, just avoid shoes that give you a librarian vibe...

4 comments:

stilblume said...

I absolutely LOVE the delicate color of the cami... so soft and spring-like... :-)

Have a lovely day! xxx
Julia

Sara said...

Thanks for stopping by, Julia!

I have a thing for pale mint this year. If you mix it with grey, khaki or navy it loses some of it's saccharine, too...

Chloe Butchers said...

I'm loving knee high boots at the moment! I've never been able to wear them in the past (chunky calf problems) but I've finally got a pair that fit me and I'm in love!

Chloe x | Snug Corner

Sara said...

I didn't wear mine for years (short person problems) but I like them again now. Glad I held on to them! I'll be curious to see how you wear yours...