Saturday, April 30, 2016

new apartment, new life


we found an apartment in vienna! 

i don't have any good pictures as the apartment viewing day was a bit of a whirlwind, but it's in a building from 1895 and it has all those charming features like pretty moldings, ceiling rosettes and parquet floors.

this is a first for me, as i never lived in an apartment that has "good bones" aka looks beautiful even when empty.

so of course i've made a few moodboards for our three rooms:

anna's


bedroom,




& living room...






we've been working hard to reduce our posessions to 20 boxes, a leather sofa, an eames chair and 3 rugs, which we are going to move ourselves with a van. 

i see some big ikea trips in our near future...






4 comments:

Sue said...

Exciting times ahead. I think a good looking home does owe a lot to it's "bones" as some houses just fall in to place and look interesting no matter what you do to them and others, you can take the same components put them in and it all still feels a little "meh". I miss a house with good bones.

Sara said...

Thanks Sue! I have a good feeling about this one...So excited to get off the mountain and back into a city!

Ellie Seymour said...

How exciting Sara! I'm a city girl at heart and have always dreamt of living in a beautiful apartment, not a suburban house. You've chosen well :-) It looks very 'Parisian' and stylish.

Sara said...

Thank you!! I am still wondering how I got so lucky that I found this dreamy apartment...It must be the karma payoff from struggling for 4 years living in a tiny village on top of a mountain (with 0 stores!!) I also wonder if I should change the name of the blog after we land in Vienna...